How to wire up an RGBW Strip Light installation
RGBW Strip Lights can be easily installed to any room of your house allowing you to create a variety of colours to suit any mood with an easy to use RF Handset.
Lighting Supplies used for this example:
(There are many other product options available this is just one option based on using a 5 meter, 24V, IP20 RGBW LED Strip Light)
• 150W, 24V Driver (100.529)
• Five strand 10A Flat Cable 50m (100.944)
• RF 4 Channel Receiver (SR1009FA)
• Two strand 10A Flat Cable 50m (100.946)
• ProFlex RGB Cool White LED Strip (100.690)
• RF RGBW 4 Zone Handset (SR2819SP)
Connecting the components
Once you have decided on the location of the installation and all the components have been secured in place with appropriate fixings, you can go ahead and connect the products together.
• Connect the LED Strip Lights to the receiver using 5 strand cable and appropriate connector blocks.
- The black positive wire will connect to any common positive on the terminal block in the receiver red, green blue or white.
- The red, green, blue, and white wires Representing the LEDs of the same colour connects to the corresponding negative terminal block on the receiver.
• Connected the Receiver to the Driver using 2 strand cable, red to red and black to black. Again use appropriate connector blocks.
• Connected the Driver to the main AC power supply.
• Now pair the Handset with the Receiver.
Pair the Handset with the Receiver
• Install 3xAAA battery into the Handset (RF remote)
• Turn on the Handset
• Click “Learning Key” on the Receiver
• Click a zone number 1-4 on the Handset
• Now touch the colour wheel on Handset
- The LED Strip Lights will flicker once showing the pairing is successful
• Use the central power key to turn the lights on and off
You can now experiment with the colour wheel to find the perfect colour for your room or set up three favourites by holding down the S1, S2 or S3 buttons to store a colour of your choice.
For more ideas and inspiration call one of our LED experts Today on: 01260 540014
We are open Monday to Thursday from
8-30am to 5-30pm & Friday 8-30am until 5pm
Visit our YouTube page more useful tips