With high LEDs p/mtr, NeoLED emits a constant line of light*.
Whites / Colours
NeoLED is available in a range of whites & RGB colour changing.
Rich in colour and high CRI ratings as standard.
5 Year Warranty
We confidently offer a full 5 year warranty on our NeoLED range.
COB LED Strip Lights
What are COB Strip Lights?
COB is the abbreviation for Chip-on-Board, a production process where the LED chip is mounted directly to a substrate (like silicon or carbide) to produce an LED array. This means LED strip lights can be produced with a smaller gap between the LED Chips resulting in a higher number of LED’s per meter, creating a constant line of light.
What is the difference between SMD and COB LED?
The main difference between SMD and COB Strip Lights is that the bulkier SMD chips are spaced out on a printed circuit board to form the LED Strip. Whereas the COB technology turns the entire length of Strip into one continuous LED. This allows the density of chips to be much greater creating uniform line of light.
In the example above you can see a cut section of standard LED strip light compared to a cut section of COB LED strip light. There are just 3 chips over a 50mm length compared to 24 COB chips. This shows how much the pixilation will reduce when using COB Strips compared to SMD.
What are the main advantages of COB LED Strip Lights?
- No hot spots - The appearance of spots of light projected from the chips.
- Brightness - The increased chip density results in a greater light output
- Efficiency - Reduced thermal resistance results in less heat and more light.
- Flexibility - Evenly distributed small diodes results in a greater flexibility.
- Range - available in a selection of whites, colour temperature adjustable and colours.